The Editorial Board accepts manuscripts which haven’t been previously published. Manuscripts prepared in Russian or in English should not exceed 40,000 characters with spaces. The priority genres of the journal are research articles, scientific reports and reviews.
research article (theoretical or empirical articles that contain the main results obtained by the author)
20, 000 characters
scientific reports and papers
12, 000 characters
8, 000 characters
Authors should enclose the following documents in the package:
1. Hard and electronic copies of the article (CD-ROM or other forms). The name of the file should contain the author’s name and the title of the article. The hard copy is required (white paper, A4-size). It should be absolutely identical to the electronic variant.
2. Service agreement in duplicate (download service agreement application form).
3. Article review (external review with the reviewer’s signature and official stamp).
4. Research adviser’s reference letter that indicates the novelty and the validity of the author’s study (for postgraduate students working towards the Candidate of Sciences degree only).
5. Information about the author (download the application form).
THE STRUCTURE OF THE PAPER
- Branch of science (journal section).
- Code: UDK and BBK (consult the editor-in chief for assistance).
- Initials, author’s surname (in Russian and English). The number of co-authors should not exceed 5 persons. If there is more than one author, the name of the main author should be given first. There should be information on the author’s contribution in Russian and English (one sentence long).
- City, country (in Russian and English).
- Affiliation (place of work) in Russian and English.
- Mail address.
- Sources of financing (if there are any) in Russian and English.
- Title of the paper in Russian (lowcase letters only) and English (in title capitalization the first and last words and all nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, verbs, and subordinate conjunctions (if, because, as, that, etc.) are capitalized).
- Abstract (200 words) in Russian and English. The abstract should reflect the main outcomes of research but should not contain any references.
- Keywords or word combinations (5-7) separated by a comma (in Russian and English).
- The body text of the paper with references to the works cited.
- References arranged in alphabetical order and continuously numbered. References in foreign languages should follow references in Russian (download the sample).
ARTICLE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
- Margins of the A4-size page (book orientation) should be: top and bottom –2 cm, left and right –2.5 cm. The main text should be Times New Roman14 pt with 1.5 spacing. First line indent – 1.25. The text should not include automatic hyphenation; it should be centered on the width. If using additional fonts, consult the editor.
- Number the pages of the manuscript.
- The last page of the manuscript should contain the note “The article is published for the first time”, the date and the author’s signature.
Languages of publications: Russian and English.
Bibliographical notes are submitted according to GOST P. 7.0.5. – 2008. Each bibliographical source should include the name of the publishing house, the total number of pages or the number of pages under consideration.
In the text, references are given in square brackets, indicating the source number and the page number, e.g. [1, p. 25]. Several sources are separated by a semicolon [1; 3; 4].
Within the body text, the author’s comments and explanations are given as endnotes marked by Arabic numbers.
Archival documents and legislative materials should be included in the text as footnotes. The author’s comments and explanations are given as endnotes marked by Arabic numbers. Use page numbering.
Proportion of in-text citation should not exceed 30 percent of the total size of the article
- Words, figures, formulas, measurements
Words in Roman letters should be given in italics.
Units of measurement are repulsed from characters and numbers to which they relate.
A clear distinction should be made about o (letter) and 0 (zero), 1 (one) and I (Roman unit or the letter “I”), a hyphen (-) and a dash (–).
Don’t use letter “е” instead of “ё”.
All tables must be created in Word, be titled and marked with Arabic numbers (e.g. Table 1). Within the body of the text, references to tables should be abbreviated (e.g. tab. 1). The content of the table should not duplicate the text. The words in the tables should be written in full with correct hyphenation. The table cell should not include a dot at the end of the sentence.
Black-and-white drawings (graphs, diagrams – Excel format, charts, maps, photos) should have Arabic numbers, the word “figure” should be always abbreviated (e.g. fig. 1). Illustrations are submitted in jpg format (with a minimum 300 dpi resolution or higher) as separate files, indicating their number, author’s name/authors’ names and the title of the article. Image size 170x240 mm. When reducing, all details of the image should be distinguished. All captions should be attached as a separate list to the article. Figures must not exceed 1/4 length of the text.
Additional manuscript preparation guidelines for Series Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Technology
Submit an electronic version of the article on CD-ROM or other forms, or by e-mail. Submitted files should have tex. and pdf. extension. The publisher uses the layout of MiKTeX 2.7 for Windows.
Papers that do not meet the above mentioned specification will not be accepted. The paper is published in the author’s edition. The author is fully responsible for the accuracy of quotations and references.
Payment for articles
The authors who are not employees of Transbaikal State University pay 350 rubles per page.
Publication for postgraduate students is free.
Payment should be done only after receiving a positive decision of the Board about the publication acceptance.
An additional amount of 180 rubles is paid for shipping costs in Russia.
The complete package should be sent to the following address:
129, Babushkin St., Chita 672007, Russia
Transbaikal State University, The Editorial Board
Electronic submissions should be sent to Executive Secretary Elena Sedina firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. +7(3022) 35-24-79